With the longest day of the year quickly approaching, we are beyond ready to break out our summer duds. The weather isn’t exactly tropical here in Paris, but we’re all for a little wishful dressing. Here are 13 pieces we’d be psyched to wear this season—whether or not the sun decides to shine!
1. A.P.C. kicks up the basic white T-shirt with this slightly sassy open-necked version.
2. I hate being loaded up with clunky jewelry on hot days, but Monsieur Paris’ “Ira” necklace is the perfect everyday piece, whether it’s sweltering or showering.
3. If you’re sick to death of mariner shirts, this striped dress offers an easy alternative for city strolls or jaunts to the beach.
4. I’m always shocked when I see super short-shorts in Paris, but this retro-inspired pair is classy enough for the likes of Grace Kelly.
5. Panama hats were big for a while among young Parisiennes, but I think this straw bucket hat offers a cuter and fresher option. Yes? No?
6. Saunter from St. Germain to the heights of Montmartre in these ultra-comfortable espadrilles.
7. I still haven’t quite figured out how to look “formal” when it’s a million degrees outside, but this belted boat-neck gives off a cool and classy vibe when you want to kick things up a notch.
8. Sandro puts a modern twist on ‘60s school-girl chic.
9. I hereby banish black leather jackets—at least until the fall. It’s time to opt for something a bit lighter. This white crepe stunner from Vanessa Bruno is a serious investment, but if you wear your clothes until they turn to rags (as I do), it’s probably justified.
10. These Ray-Bans are so ‘90s, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s a good thing! I’d probably break them in about five seconds, but they’ve been on mind ever since I spotted them in a Parisian shop window this spring.
11. I’m always up for a little leopard print, and these sandals offer a low-key take on the all-season trend.
12. I’m usually too spastic and sweaty during the summer to wear much makeup, but Chanel sheer gloss is a safe standby for when you want to dress up a little.
13. Two big trends for summer: pleats and peach. This romantic two-tone beauty is the best of both worlds.
- For everyday Paris fashion inspiration, we love Making Magique and Garance Doré
- For Paris street-style, check out Easy Fashion
- Go on your own vintage fashion tour of the Paris Puces