October 5, 2012
I returned to Paris just in time for the fashion madness last weekend, and here are some photos I took to document my passage… – Carin
Twice a year (or three if you count the haute couture shows) the stiletto clad fashion crowd invades the streets of Paris. During these weeks, Paris becomes even more glamorous and frenetic than usual. The streets are suddenly filled with photographers, super slim models, high-heeled fashionistas and plentiful dubious sartorial choices.
In-demand hotels and restaurants are fully booked, and first-time visitors may be left to wonder where all the regular people are hiding. Don’t be surprised if you suddenly run into Rachel Zoe on the street (which I managed to do twice) or bump shoulders with the lovely Garance Doré (which I also did a few times).
During my first fashion week in Paris I couldn’t believe my own eyes, and I still get a bit shocked when I take my first step in the Jardin des Tuileries. I never thought there was such madness behind this supposedly elegant event. The usually peaceful Tuileries gardens are literally filled with people screaming names I barely recognize, shouting “look here, look here” in English, French and Italian.
You better get out of the way for the photographers when the likes of Anna dello Russo, Giovanna Battaglia or Miroslava Duma approaches. The photographers will do almost anything to get a good shot, so watch your back if you don’t want to end up fashion road kill.
- Can’t get enough of fashion week street style? Check out Tommy Ton’s (the king of street style photography) photos for Style.com
- Have you ever wondered what’s it like for the fashion week photographers? Jamie Beck, behind the blog From Me To Youfinds out here
- The New York Times reports from the two most anticipated shows during Paris FW
- Did you miss the Fashion Week in Paris but still want a little bit of mode during your visit? Do it in Paris suggest checking out the new Chloé exhibition
- My Little Paris gives you a recap of their favorite happenings during Paris Fashion Week
Written by Carin Olsson
Carin Olsson left both her job and family back in Sweden to pursue her longtime dream of moving to Paris. A big passion for food, sweets, the city itself and photography resulted in her blog, Paris in Four Months, where she shares her time in the city of light.
Website: Paris in Four Months
Tags: Anna dello Russo, Bags, Carin Olsson, Dresses, fashion, Fashion in Paris, fashion week, France, garance dore, jardin des tuileries, Miroslava Duma, paris, paris fashion week, Rachel Zoe, Shoes
Posted in Fashion | 6 Comments »