Visiting Paris for the first time? Been here before and want to explore a new part of town? Live here and want tips for original things to do this weekend? Planning an upcoming trip, or simply a Francophile in need of a regular French fix?
We'll point you in the right direction and introduce you to off-the-beaten-path places, hip and happening people and events, and experiences you might otherwise overlook. From Paris to New York, San Francisco to Sydney, our readers are a diverse mix, united by their desire to be "in" on what's happening in Paris. From food and fashion to architecture and culture—we've got you covered.
Hip Paris Mission
Don’t get us wrong—we love the Eiffel Tower as much as anyone. But there’s so much more to Paris than its iconic monuments and well-known sites. To us, the best way to experience this city is to dig a little deeper, hunt a little harder and linger a little longer to uncover the secrets that make Paris so utterly irresistible. From film festivals and art exhibits to street style, hot new restaurants and interviews with foodies, artists and innovators, we are constantly taking the pulse of Parisian life… and sharing our discoveries with you!
Things We Love
- Trying new restaurants from up-and-coming chefs and sampling their creative cuisine
- Discovering new and enticing hole-in-the-wall shops, cafes, and bars
- Meeting local artisans—from jewelers and painters to chocolatiers and furniture designers
- Scouring Paris’ open-air markets and cooking up tasty new recipes
- Soaking up Parisian culture—from music festivals to fashion shows
- Shopping the flea markets and hitting up the newest concept stores
- Exploring lesser known Parisian neighborhoods
- Traveling to off-the-beaten-path parts of France & Italy
- Paris is our city, and we’re thrilled to share the best of it with you.
If there’s a topic you crave (or one that we’ve missed), we would love to hear from you!
The Hip Paris Team
Led by our fearless leader, Erica Berman, the HiP team is composed of world travelers, gourmandes, culture seekers, savvy shoppers, photographers, design junkies, and aimless wanderers. We do our best to unearth insights, tidbits and insider tips that will inspire and inform our readers.
HiP Paris aims help anyone planning a trip to Paris, or just living vicariously from afar. We also have created a curated Marketplace with French items, rentals and places to buy. We partner with our colleagues (and Erica’s former company) Haven In. They offer luxury short-term vacation apartment and villa rentals in Paris, Provence, and Tuscany.