Photographer at Musée Rodin, courtesy of Karigee.com
Life is incredibly busy for the ladies of the HiP Paris blog. Not only do we run this little corner of the world where we ramble on all things French, but we also spend our days helping our clients experience Paris like a local via our boutique vacation rental business, Haven in Paris. Business is booming and we need help with all the fun stuff. That’s where you come in, hopefully!
Haven in Paris is searching for one or two interns to support our corporate objectives through social media. In other words, to share the Paris love! We’re looking for a lot, but we’re sure you can send us some strong candidates through your network of friends, family and fellow bloggers. Do you mind passing this on to possible candidates (preferably, in the Boston area)?
Photos of Paris, France, courtesy of Karigee.com
Haven in Paris / HiP Paris is looking for social media interns to share the Paris love via all sorts of social media. The ideal candidates may be asked to perform some or all of the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in social media, as yourself and as a Haven in Paris representative. Interact with our customers via social media to share the love for Paris and promote Haven in Paris, taking cues from your colleagues.
- Write tweets, Facebook posts, email newsletters, promotional content, marketing programs, and maintaining a social media content calendar, working closely with the team.
- Be the eyes and ears of our brand online, providing weekly round-ups of all mentions of Haven in Paris for the team.
- Collaborate on and implement a strategy for our Link Exchange Program; collaborate on and implement a blogger badge exchange program page to be hosted on our HiP Paris Blog.
- Create content for feeds and snippets in various social media sites, working with us to determine which sites to post on actively (beyond Facebook and Twitter).
- Scout photos for our blog posts and manage our online photo database, while also motivating our Flicker community to contribute their best Paris photos for use on our blog/site.
- Participate in daily blog operations including uploading posts, choosing key words, sizing photos, and maintaining/creating our HiP Paris style guide.
- Conduct keyword research including cataloging and indexing target keyword phrases in order to inform our search engine optimization efforts.
- Optimize key word descriptions and tags on our sites and in search engines through copywriting and keyword optimization. Tag and title content, with an understanding of how the words chosen impact natural search traffic and rankings.
- Manage and track all of your efforts, especially the Link Exchange Program.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising our social media campaigns or any other facets of our business.
Paris, France, courtesy of Karigee.com
Qualifications and Experience:
- Is eager to learn and gain valuable real-world experience
- Has a passion for travel and all things French (and, if possible, Italian) and is very familiar with Paris
- Has experience or training in advertising, PR, online marketing, social media, photography or similar field
- Has excellent verbal and written business communication skills; excels at research
- Some level of proficiency in photo editing tools, like Photoshop, and principles of general photo layout (a big plus!)
- Possesses the discipline and equipment to work in person (Boston) and remotely
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Word Press
- Dedicated to blogging and use of Facebook and Twitter (with demonstrated immersion in social media – in other words, send us links!)
- Understands the social media tool set, including YouTube, Stumble Upon, Delicious, Digg, Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc.
- Understands the power of inbound marketing
- Ability to jump from creative side of marketing to analytical side, and able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
These positions are part-time positions requiring at least 20 hours per week (with flexibility during peak times). While they are currently unpaid positions, they will provide fantastic experience for anyone interested in marketing, social media and/or travel, and may become a paid position at some point. (We also promise many yummy croissants!) Upon completion, the interns will receive letters of reference. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and list of your social media efforts (including links!) to [email protected]
Croissants, Paris, France, courtesy of Karigee.com
All photos appear courtesy of Haven in Paris previous client and New York City-based blogger, Karigee. You can see her Flickr stream here.
Written by Maggie Battista for the HiP Paris Blog. Looking for a fabulous vacation rental in Paris, Provence, or Tuscany? Check out Haven in Paris.