HiP Paris founder Erica Berman moved from Paris to Maine 10 years ago and founded Veggies to Table, a non-profit helping to end hunger in her community. Now, it’s your chance to help feed those in need, AND win a week in a Paris apartment, a weekend in Montreal—and so many more French inspired prizes. Read about Erica’s journey, enter to win, and help make sure no one wakes up or goes to bed hungry in Erica’s community!
People are usually intrigued and, I dare say, a little shocked when I mention that ten years ago I moved from Paris, France to Maine! After 20 years in Paris, my French hubby Alain and I decided we wanted a quieter life full of nature, purpose, and sustainable living. So, yes—we do live, quite happily in Maine!
Fast forward 10 years. I sold my vacation rental business Haven In, bought land in Maine, built a house, and started Veggies to Table – a non-profit farm, on our land three years ago. We grow organic produce to feed the 1 in 5 children and the 1 in 7 adults who go hungry daily in our community. We also donate flowers to create joy.
Do I miss Paris – the culture, the people, my friends, the food, and evening walks along the Seine river? Of course! Do I miss being able to hop on a plane or train and pop over to London, Amsterdam, Provence, or Italy for a weekend, or more? Of course! Do I wish I could have the best of both worlds? Oui, oui! That said, I adore my new life and still do spend time in Paris.
For those of you who participated in our Sweepstakes last year and want a second chance, and for everyone else – this is for you! Veggies to Table needs to raise (much needed) funds so we can continue our work to end hunger in our community.
You can win a week-long stay in my Paris apartment, along with a host of other prizes. This unique fundraiser will help Veggies to Table grow and donate even more produce to those in need, while bringing YOU to Paris or, Paris to YOU!
The winner of the Grand Prize will receive:
- A week-long stay in my Montmartre apartment with balcony and panoramic views
- A chauffeur to and from the airport
- Hand-picked champagne and flowers upon arrival
- Lunch for two at Le Bon Georges
- Lunch for two at Mokonuts Bakery and Café
- A gift certificate for Treize au Jardin
- A Paris, Perfected Standard trip planing service
- A weekend in French-speaking Montreal at a full-service Marriott hotel with breakfast and champagne on arrival
- A set of luxury French bed linens of your choice by La Chambre Paris
- A Paris tote from Paris-based American designer Kasia Dietz
- A language class of your choice at the Penobscot Bay Language School
- A set of four French linen napkins by Madame de la Maison
- Two copies (one per person) of Frank Adrian Barron’s book, “Sweet Paris”
- A box of handmade chocolates from French-owned, Portland, Maine-based, ChocolatesPassion
- A signed copy of the “Cook’s Atelier Cookbook” and a signature copper whisk
- A custom Paris walk & talk (virtual or in-person) by This French Life
- A set of French Utility Soap, dish towels, and a wooden dish brush from sustainable shop Du Jardin
Enter to Win
The Sweepstakes will run from August 7 to September 17. Winners will be selected online on September 22. YOU can make a difference by helping us feed our neighbors living in the crisis of hunger. And, you might just win a week in a Paris apartment or one of many French-inspired prizes!
- Where to eat in Montmartre, where you’ll be staying if you win the Grand Prize!
- A modern French bistro and one of the prize’s if you win: Review of Le Bon Georges
- Read more about the work of Veggies to Table
Written by Erica Berman for HiP Paris. Looking to travel? Check out Plum Guide and our Marketplace for fabulous vacation rentals in Paris, France or Italy. Looking to rent long-term or buy in France or Italy? Ask us! We can connect you to our trusted providers for amazing service and rates or click here. Looking to bring France home to you or to learn online or in person? Check out our marketplace shop and experiences.