Summer is a time to relax, read a little, get a tan, and of course, listen to podcasts. For francophiles looking for audio to listen to en français this summer, France’s growing podcast scene has something for everyone. From honest stories about love and romance to the history behind your favorite foods, here are our top picks for French podcasts to listen to this August, whether you’re at the beach, by the pool or stuck in the office.
Edition Ilimitée / La Pistoche
1. La Pistoche by Pim Pam Poum Podcasts
– In the style of a retro radio show, the hosts of La Pistoche talk about summer: from tips for the perfect Apéro, to surviving the summer road trip and alternate uses for suntan lotion. Recorded by a pool and blended with 80s French pop hits.
Best episode: L’heure de l’apéro
Above: La Pistoche / Entre nos lèvres
Entre nos lèvres / Culture Miam
2. Entre nos lèvres by Céline and Margaux – Close friends Céline et Margaux were having conversations about love and sex and decided to add a microphone to the mix. Listen for empowering and honest reflections on relationships and coming of age from their guests.
Best Episode: Margaux
3. Culture Miam by Mukashi Mukashi
– In the style of Stuff You Should Know
, this short podcast goes beyond what’s on the plate to give listeners stories about food: From the invention of instant noodles to the geopolitics of summer cocktails.
Best episode: Géopolitique des cocktails: Gin Tonic et Cuba Libre
4. Edition Ilimitée by Karen Etourneau
– A podcast about the universe of books. Karen interviews experts in the book world to answer questions such as: Why are my books cheaper on Amazon? Why are some book covers ugly? And much more.
Best episode: Pourquoi certaines couvertures sont moches
5. Nouvelle Ecole by Antonin Archer
– Ever wanted to drop everything and look for something you’re truly passionate about? Well Antonin wanted to do that, so he decided to start a podcast to interview people who’ve figured it out to get inspired.
Best episode: Morgane Sézalory- Lâcher Prise
Dinner for One / Edition Ilimitée
Dinner for One Podcast by Sutanya Dacres –
After a breakup this New Yorker turned Parisian decided to stick around and get used to making dinner for one à la française. Each episode is a recipe recorded in a tiny Parisian kitchen. In English with some franglais thrown in.
Best Episode: Confit my Canard
Written by Lory Martinez for HiP Paris. Looking for a fabulous vacation rental in Paris, London, Provence, Tuscany, Umbria or Liguria? Check out Haven In.