Fall is the absolute best season for style—agreed? During the summer, you’d rather just be naked, and come winter, you wish you could wear one of those sleeping-bag coats all day. Autumn provides a precious window in which you can strut your stuff while feeling cozy and comfortable. Here are some of our Paris-ready favorites from brands in France, the U.S. and the U.K. Happy hunting!
1. A.P.C. to the rescue yet again with fall sweater perfection.
2. For whatever reason—lugging books, baguettes, your French bulldog?—fall calls for a bigger bag. Zara’s relatively inexpensive plaited shopper is roomy and rich-looking.
3. Sandro’s wear-anywhere green jeans are a fun alternative to classic blue denim.
4. MAC’s “Russian Red” lipglass is the perfect not-too-vampiric shade. Use just a dab or slather it on, depending on how intense you want to get.
5. You’ll happily wear these neutral-colored ankle boots to death.
6. B&SH comes up big with this saucy low-backed number for autumn cocktail parties.
7. Okay, okay. It’s that time again. You’re allowed to break out your black leather jacket—or splurge on a new one from leather royalty Rick Owens. For the slightly more budget-conscious, Iro’s two-tone number is an interesting twist, and I love Madewell’s classic bomber. Very Amelia Earhart.
8. This season, ultra-cute Peter Pan collars abound! Snap up this one from J. Crew.
9. Loafer alert! Channel an ‘80s prep look in these classics, which look polished and cheeky at the same time.
10. Pleats, leopard spots, and an asymmetrical hem come together in this playful-but-powerful everyday piece from good old trend-hawking Topshop.
12. I gave in to my “back to school” mood and bought these Riley glasses from Oliver Peoples. My IQ jumps at least 10 points as soon as I put them on—I swear!
13. Summer’s over and it’s time to get back on some kind of schedule—even if it’s an “I’ll get there when I get there” Parisian one. This watch might help. J’arrive.
14. No matter what you’re trying to do, you’ll get it done in Sandro’s ultra-chic burgundy tuxedo blazer.
15. It’s an all-season staple, but you always need a few perfect t-shirts. New-ish company Everlane is shilling them for a more-than-reasonable $15.
- Catch up on New York Fashion Week here and here
- Tory also snuck into the back of this ride during NYFW
- We love these fab tips from the Simply Luxurious Life for looking fantastic every day
- Stay tuned here and here for Paris Fashion Week updates next week